Lumbee Tribe Offering Free Produce for COVID Testing
Starting Wednesday, the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina will offer free produce for anyone who participates in free cheek-swab Lumbee Tribe COVID testing.
The effort to help get members of the Lumbee Tribe back to work is behind the effort, which is sponsored by the Building Resilience and Vital Equity Project, the Tribe said in a Facebook post. To pre-register call 888.702.9042 or visit http://lumbeetribecovidtesting.com.
The first Lumbee Tribe COVID testing event is June 9 at Cape Fear Baptist Church, 100 Indian Drive in Fayetteville from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Additional dates are listed below.
The tests aren’t the normal nasal-swab tests, but instead are just cheek swabs.
“Free COVID-19 testing is being provided by the Lumbee Tribe in Robeson County,” the registration page says about the testing procedure. “The tests provided through this program are mouth swab tests that do not require assistance. During testing, patients must be in a vehicle with the windows rolled down no more than 2 inches and sunroofs closed.”
Test dates are as follows with all events scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- June 9: Cape Fear Baptist Church, 100 Indian Drive, Fayetteville
- June 10: Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina, 6984 NC Hwy 711, Pembroke
- June 16: Hyde Park Baptist Church, 301 N. Roberts Ave, Lumberton
- June 23: Prospect United Methodist Church, 3929 Missouri Rd., Maxton
- June 25: Pembroke First Baptist Church, 302 Union Chapel Rd., Pembroke
- June 29: Harpers Ferry Baptist Church, 1549 Harpers Ferry Rd., Pembroke
- June 30: Union Chapel Holiness Methodist, 3546 Evergreen Church Rd., Pembroke